19 October 2018, Sheraton Announcement
Is your team staying at the Sheraton Boston Hotel?
As mentioned in the last newsletter...
Please be aware that the hotel is a Marriott property and that there are currently 8,000+ Marriott workers on strike around the country. This includes workers at the Sheraton Boston Hotel. iGEM supports fair wages and better working conditions for all workers. If you have a reservation at the Sheraton Boston Hotel and wish to cancel your reservation, you may now cancel without penalty and with a full refund.
From the Sheraton Boston Hotel...
The Sheraton Boston Hotel has informed us that guests will still able to stay at the hotel during the Jamboree and the hotel is fully operational. The hotel reports that they have made arrangements to provide a similar level of service to their guests during this time as any other. However you may find that some services are slower than normal.
Hotel services during the work stoppage:
- Housekeeping: Every room is serviced daily
- Front Desk: Business as usual. This department is not impacted by work stoppage
- Food & Beverage:
- Apropos - open daily serving full breakfast buffet daily from 6AM-10AM (cost reduced to $18pp)
- Market (grab-n-go) - open daily from 6AM-2PM serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, hot/cold sandwiches, salads, pastries, and snacks
- Delivery by Market (in room delivery) - open daily from 6:30AM-10AM serving breakfast items (yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, pastries, fruit) and hot/cold beverages
- Sidebar - serving cocktails and a lite dinner menu (appetizers, sandwiches, salads) daily from 4PM-11PM
- Club Lounge - Open daily for non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. Guests with access are provided a drink voucher for Sidebar
- Banquets: fully operational and successfully executing small & large events
- Engineering: Business as usual. This department is not impacted by work stoppage
- Sundries Shop, Fed Ex, and Hertz Rental Car on-site Locations: Business as usual. These outlets are not impacted by work stoppage
- PSAV: Business as usual. Not impacted by the work stoppage
- Deliveries: Shared loading dock located on Prudential Center property. Business as usual
- WiFi: Complimentary in all guest rooms