- proper clothing (lab coat for BSL-1/2) and accessory equipment (gloves and goggles)
- proper disposal of BSL-1 and BSL-2 waste
- handling of liquid waste containing heat resistant antibiotics (e.g. kanamycin)
- handling of hazardous chemicals
- actions in case of chemical or biological contamination
Safety is a prerequisite for any research project implemented either in academia or in industry. ETH Zurich values the importance of safety for the research being conducted in the institute. For this reason, an internal Department of Safety, Security, Health and Environment is organized to provide all the necessary information to the students and employees of ETH Zurich regarding safety.