• AdhP is an Alcohol dehydrogenase Propanol-preferring.
• AdhP converts a primary alcohol to an aldehyde and converts a secondary alcohol to a ketone.
• Alcohol dehydrogenases are involved in the final production steps of isobutanol, therefore overexpression should increase the amount of isobutanol produced.
• EutG is a part of the ethanolamine degradation pathway
• Deletion of EutG is shown to enhance the production of isobuteraldehyde at the expense of isobutanol.
• EutG has isobutyraldehyde reductase activity which helps shift the balance of isobutanol: isobuteraldehyde in favor of isobutanol.