Welcome to OUC-iGEM 2018!
Before you start
Please read the following pages:
This year, we design a toolkit focused on translational regulation, which is composed of an RNA endoribonuclease (Csy4) and a RNA module(stem-loop). Csy4(Csy6f), a member of Cas endoribonuclease from Pseudomonas aeruginosa, recognizes a specific 16-nt nucleotide repetitive sequence(stem-loop). We add a complimentary sequence of RBS followed by the 16nt stem-loop recognized by csy4 into genetic circuit. Cleaved at the specific recognition site, the cleavage releases the masked ribosome binding site(RBS), thus endowing the programming of gene expression in the translation level with higher feasibility. Specifically, by constructing this toolkit, we make it possible to regulate the expression of downstream gene such as GFP. We further redesigned four Csy4 mutants, whose capacities of recognizing and cleaving 5 stem-loop mutants are different. By quantitatively adjusting the stem-loops, we can even achieve a stoichiometry expression of the target proteins in a polycistron gene expression construct.
Uploading pictures and files
You must upload any pictures and files to the iGEM 2018 server. Remember to keep all your pictures and files within your team's namespace or at least include your team's name in the file name.
When you upload, set the "Destination Filename" to T--YourOfficialTeamName--NameOfFile.jpg. (If you don't do this, someone else might upload a different file with the same "Destination Filename", and your file would be erased!)
Wiki template information
We have created these wiki template pages to help you get started and to help you think about how your team will be evaluated. You can find a list of all the pages tied to awards here at the Pages for awards link. You must edit these pages to be evaluated for medals and awards, but ultimately the design, layout, style and all other elements of your team wiki is up to you!
Editing your wiki
On this page you can document your project, introduce your team members, document your progress and share your iGEM experience with the rest of the world!
Use WikiTools - Edit in the black menu bar to edit this page
This wiki will be your team’s first interaction with the rest of the world, so here are a few tips to help you get started:
- State your accomplishments! Tell people what you have achieved from the start.
- Be clear about what you are doing and how you plan to do this.
- You have a global audience! Consider the different backgrounds that your users come from.
- Make sure information is easy to find; nothing should be more than 3 clicks away.
- Avoid using very small fonts and low contrast colors; information should be easy to read.
- Start documenting your project as early as possible; don’t leave anything to the last minute before the Wiki Freeze. For a complete list of deadlines visit the iGEM 2018 calendar
- Have lots of fun!