|Literature Research||Entire Team|
|Plasmid Transformation||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Mei Ku, Jiacheng Yu, Kathy Wang, Kevin Qi, Archie Jiang, Takayasu Yamane, Wen-Jou Chang, Yasuhiko Komatsu|
|Plasmid Extraction||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Mei Ku, Jiacheng Yu, Kathy Wang, Archie Jiang, Hsin-Yu Lo, Kevin Qi, Wen-Jou Chang|
|Gradient Test||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Mei Ku, Jiacheng Yu, Hsin-Yu Lo, Kevin Qi, Archie Jiang, Yasuhiko Komatsu|
|Agrobacterium-mediated Transformation||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Mei Ku, Jiacheng Yu, Kathy Wang, Kevin Qi|
|Agarose Gel Electrophoresis||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Mei Ku, Jiacheng Yu, Kathy Wang, Archie Jiang, Hsin-Yu Lo, Kevin Qi, Wen-Jou Chang, Yasuhiko Komatsu|
|Plasmid Ligation||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Jiacheng Yu, Hsin-Yu Lo, Kevin Qi, Wen-Jou Chang|
|Restriction enzyme Digestion||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Mei Ku, Jiacheng Yu, Hsin-Yu Lo, Kevin Qi, Wen-Jou Chang|
|Injection of Agrobacterium||Wei Tse Chang, Sophie Li, Jiacheng Yu, Kevin Qi, Yasuhiko Komatsu|
|InterLab||Sophie Li, Jiacheng Yu|
|Wiki Text||Sophie Li, Archie Jiang, Wei Tse Chang, Kevin Qi, Jiacheng Yu, Ping-an Chen, Kristie Xia, Yasuhiko Komatsu|
|Fundraising Program Online||Kathy Wang, Hsin-Yu Lo|
|Team Financial Management||Kathy Wang|
|Survey||Sonia Chang, Wen-Jou Chang, Kathy Wang, Kristie Xia|
|Shanghai Botanical Garden Visit||Kristie Xia, Kathy Wang, Wei Tse Chang, Kevin Qi, Wen-Jou Chang, Mei Ku|
|Shanghai Botanical Garden Preparation||Kristie Xia, Kathy Wang, Wei Tse Change, Hsin-Yu Lo|
|Biosafety Poster||Hsin-Yu Lo, Xinbo Yu, Kristie Xia|
|Initial Taobao Research||Kathy Wang|
|Collaboration||Wei Tse Chang, Mei Ku, Jiacheng (Jason) Yu, Xinbo Yu, Ping-an (Andy) Chen|
|Getting Sponsors||Kathy Wang|
|Contacting organizations||Kristie Xia, Wen-Jou Chang, Takayasu Yamane|
|Social Media Management (Facebook, Instagram, Wechat)||Younji Jung, Ping-an (Andy) Chen|
|Wiki Text-HP||Hsin-Yu Lo, Sonia Chang, Kathy Wang|
|Wiki Text-Integrated HP||Hsin-Yu Lo, Sonia Chang, Kathy Wang, Mei Ku, Wen-Jou Chang|
|Wiki & Graphic Design|
|Wiki Coding||Archie Jiang, Sophie Li|
|Wiki Visual Design||Sophie Li, Archie Jiang|
|Group Photos||Younji Jung, Yasuhiko Komatsu|
|Poster Design and Preparation||Xinbo Yu, Jiacheng (Jason) Yu|
|Presentation Powerpoints||Hsin-Yu Lo, Wei Tse Chang, Sonia Chang, Kathy Wang|
|Group Video Filming and Editing||Younji Jung|
|Banner||Kathy Wang, Younji Jung|
|Team Hoodie||Younji Jung|
|Team Logo Design||Younji Jung|
We would like to give our special thanks to the following:
- Dr. Tingting Li for teaching us the theories behind molecular and cellular biology laboratory experiments and oversees our experiments.
- Dr. Yang Chen for introducing us to the field of synthetic biology and genetic engineering.
- Mr. Hui Liao for supporting us on behalf of our school and coordinating our school courses with iGEM schedules.
Project Advisory and Support
- SHSU_China team: Shared their DNA Kit Plate 1 and aided us during Interlab.
- Dr. Yang Chen: Introduced us to the field of synthetic biology and genetic engineering and assisted us in the determination of our topic.
- Dr. Tingting Li: Aided us in the execution of our experiments in the laboratory, and provided much-needed advice on how to improve our project design.
Fundraising Help and Advice
- Mr. Hui Liao
Lab and Difficult Technique Support
- Professor Youli Xiao: Allowed us to use his Xiao Lab at Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology & Ecology for all experiments
- Mr. Shangzhi Dong: Taught us the basic use of lab equipments and supervised us through most of the time spent in lab.
- Doctor Shiwen Wu: Taught us the detailed methods for agrobacterium mediated transformation and provided the tobacco plants for us to use.
- Bootstrap: Provided a basic coding framework for our wiki designers to use.
- Unsplash: Registered under the Creative Commons License, this website provided free, high quality visual graphics for us to place on our Wiki.
- jQuery: Enabled our wiki to be interactive.
- Dr. Tingting Li
- Dr. Yang Chen
- Dr. Youli Xiao
Human Practice Support
- Ms. Yingying Zhao, Chief of Shanghai Botanical Garden- Operation Planning Section: Allowed us to visit the Shanghai Botanical Garden and introduce our project.
- Shanghai Primary School
- Wenjuanxing, an online survey platform: Provided the framework for our online survey.
- Xiamen Fine Chemical Import & Export Co., Ltd: funded our human practice and team uniforms.
- Jiangsu Baozong & Baoda pharmachem Co., Ltd: funded our experiments.
- 2Y-Chem, Ltd.: funded our experiment.
- Crowd funding website (Mo Dian): funded our experiments and human practice.
Acknowledgements and Thanks
We would like to thank all of our amazing principal instructors, instructors, and advisors for their considerate guidance and patience in answering our questions; our school, parents and friends for their unconditional support; Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology & Ecology for allowing us to use their equipments; sponsor and everyone who assisted us along the journey. Without their help, we wouldn’t be able to complete our project successfully.
Team Training and Project Start
- Does your institution teach an iGEM or synthetic biology course?
No. This is the first year for SHSID to attend iGEM or any competition related to synthetic biology. Our team self-studied synthetic biology using online resources and attended lessons provided by our advisors and principal instructors.
- When did you start this course?
We started the course during mid- March, 2018.
- Are the syllabus and course materials freely available online?
No, the syllabus and the course material are not freely available online.
- When did you start your brainstorming?
We started brainstorming for our topic the beginning of March, 2018.
- When did you start in the lab?
We entered the lab by the end of June, 2018.
- When did you start working on your project?
We began our work at the beginning of April, 2018.