Team:Georgia State/Improve


Because we planned to expand on last year's project, we felt that we had to make our project more specific and concise in the hopes that it would be more efficient. Our first step was to troubleshoot some issues our team experienced in 2017. We took all of the parts from the previous year and tested them. We found that many negative or inclusive results were occurring because our previously designed hCG primers could not go through proper PCR annealing temperatures. This would lead to inadequate addition of hCG into a plasmid backbone. We ordered new primers, and used them in many successful reactions .