Further studies that we wish to do:
- Correlating thermodynamic data with the sequence of the promoter region: The experimental and thermodynamic data of the sequences obtained can be correlated with the expression levels of the protein. A model can be built to understand the correlation between the promoter sequences and expression rates.
- Troubleshooting, or trying to understand the reason for the extremely high expression rate of P8S.
- Characterizing the remaining BioBrick parts.
- Testing the promoter library in other chassis such as E. coli and other gram-negative microorganisms.
- Generating and using codon-usage tables for other organisms of industrial interest using CUTE.