We collaborated with University of Washington on a number of fronts: One of their members, Ed van Bruggen, attended a Poster Fair presented at Stanford University. There we presented our iGEM poster to him, we talked through each other’s projects, and we started figuring out how to expand collaboration between our projects. This collaboration took place primarily with troubleshooting. We gave University of Washington our single-chain antibody fusions to model, as a way to test the limits of their modeling method. The modeling failed, but the experience gave them useful information about the constraints of their model. We also took it upon ourselves to test run their wiki tutorial, giving feedback to make it more accessible to other teams. We look forward to future collaborations with University of Washington iGEM!
The constraints (and abilities) of University of Washington's model
The usefulness and approachability of University of Washington's wiki tool