Team Cardiff - RNAphid
For iGEM 2018, Team Cardiff aims to create an effective pesticide against aphids.
To do this, we are using RNAi to target the aphids key genes that enable the survival of their symbiont, Buchnera aphidicola, by targeting genes essential for the development of specialised aphid cells called bacteriocytes. These genes are of the BCR and SP gene families.
We are testing these constructs in Nicotiana benthamiana against the aphid pest Myzus persicae . See our Description page for more details!
This wiki will be your team’s first interaction with the rest of the world, so here are a few tips to help you get started:
- State your accomplishments! Tell people what you have achieved from the start.
- Be clear about what you are doing and how you plan to do this.
- You have a global audience! Consider the different backgrounds that your users come from.
- Make sure information is easy to find; nothing should be more than 3 clicks away.
- Avoid using very small fonts and low contrast colors; information should be easy to read.
- Start documenting your project as early as possible; don’t leave anything to the last minute before the Wiki Freeze. For a complete list of deadlines visit the iGEM 2018 calendar
- Have lots of fun!